Staples, Germany - Constructor eCommerce
Drive-in Pallet Racking and 2 tier shelving system was installed at the new ultra-modern distribution centre in Waldlaubersheim for Corporate Express.
As part of the Staples Group, the world’s largest dealer in office equipment, Corporate Express has been supplying its customers in Germany from this new distribution centre.
In four halls with a total area of 45000 m², 14000 order items are already being picked and dispatched every day – and the potential daily output is 60000 items.
This project was completed fulfilling two big challenges:
- The extraordinary size of the warehouse and the high performance demands at Corporate Express required extremely efficient logistics planning - from goods received to picking to shipping.
- The transfer of operations from the previous warehouse to the new logistics centre was to take place without any break in service or noticeable delays for customers.
- Pallet racking systems and drive-in shelf block with a total of 17,923 pallet spaces.
- Pallet flow and pallet inserting rack system with 660 pallet spaces.
- Pallet rack system with manual stacking with a total of 1,440-piece shelf levels.
- 463 flow levels of carton flow with 3 to 6 channels per level.
- 2-storey modular shelving system with approximately 17,700 steel shelves.
- Approximately 3,500 m² stage area for storage and machine construction.
About Corporate Express
Corporate Express provides its customers with office supplies and services from 350 locations across 21 countries. In July 2008, Staples, the world‘s largest distributor of office products, took over Corporate Express. With a turnover of 27 billion U.S. dollars, Staples serves customers across Europe, Asia, Australia, North America and South America.